A United Methodist Church
Statement of the Providence United Methodist Church Council Concerning Church Affiliation
November 28, 2022
We, the Church Council of Providence United Methodist Church of the Baypines District, Alabama-West Florida Conference, do hereby affirm our current membership in the United Methodist Church. In doing so, we embrace the current Book of Discipline and the stand it sets forth on human sexuality. Furthermore, we commend the Bishop of the Alabama-West Florida Conference and his cabinet who have complied with that stand in their work as leaders of the conference.
Furthermore, we celebrate the richness of the Wesleyan doctrine embodied in the beliefs and ministries of the United Methodist Church:
– The providence of an almighty, omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient God, who is perfect in His love;
– The centrality of Jesus Christ in all that we do and believe in that He alone, through His birth, death, and resurrection offers universal salvation to a desperate and sinful world;
– The presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit;
– The centrality of grace, the gift of God through Jesus, available to all;
– An appreciation of the diversity of humanity separated by different backgrounds but united by a common belief in the saving grace and guidance of the Trinity and celebrated in our connectional nature;
– A ministry that declares “The world is our parish” through its commitment to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world and embodied in a spirit of missions.